"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Home Decor: Night Stands

  A few months back I was redecorating our bedroom on a very slim budget.  Like, tell your mama to keep an eye out at the yard sales budget, and found myself with everything I needed right at home.  Speaking of yard sales I need to hit up some of those this year.  Anyways, so that's why I am posting this home decor idea.
  I was wanting night stands but not new (at least looking old) and I could care less that they matched.  Some times I don't want something to be exactly center or equal numbers or have the same look.  To me, it adds character and gives a more laid back feel.  Don't get me wrong I love things in line and organized looking but with this I didn't.  I had this really small, low style table but it was too low for a night stand.  So, I added some height by putting an old picnic basket on top.  This is how it turned out.


  I am really thinking of painting the table gray but I am not positive.  I painted the basket the same color as our other night stand that sits on the other side of the bed.


 
  To give it the "traditional" look I put matching lamps on the night stands.
  I repurpose things in my house all the time.  So much, in fact, that my husband has to ask, "where did you put that?"  OOPS!  I have a pile of baskets, candles, and everything else waiting to be used.  Do you do this?
  Hope you enjoyed this post.  Pin it, share it, spread the word.  See you in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment