"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen: Getting Rid of the Packages

  Some of the best things come in small packages...right?  One of my biggest pet peeves is having a million packages for different salad dressings, soup/dip mixes, chili spices etc etc.  So I decided that I was going to put them in spice jars.  I kept track of how many tables spoons one package held then kept a reference in my recipe book that I usually always use.  To me this makes it easier to store and I am not stuffing packages of mixes into the cupboard where they could tear.


  So far I have done Italian dressing packets and taco seasoning packets.  I bought my jars at World Market for .99 each.  I have my eye on some bigger jars for my onion soup packets and things like that.  Happy being in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment