"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Place Markers

  Can anyone believe that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away!?  This year I am hosting both Thanksgiving and Christmas so I will be sharing what I am doing for table settings and other things that I may come up with.  For Thanksgiving I usually make place markers for the table setting.  To me I don't see it as "an assigned seat" I want my guests to know that I am thinking about them and make it a personal feeling.  So, let me show you what I did.



  What you need:
1.  Hole punch
2.  Faux Leafs
3.  Card stock -color of choice
4.  Gold ink pad
5.  Ribbon -color of choice
6.  Marker

  How to:
1.  Take your card stock and cut out whatever shape you want your tag to be.
2.  Using your gold ink pad, brush the edges of your tag.  Write the name or message you would like in the center of the tag.  (The picture below doesn't do it justice of the gold edging but you some what get the idea.)


3.  Punch a hole in your tag and your leaf.


4.  String your ribbon through both your tag and leaf then tie a loose knot.

  This would even make for a great addition to a host gift or a basket for someone.  Just another way to use faux foliage other than a vase filler.  Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment