"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Friday, August 2, 2013

Fitness Friday: My Favorite Workout Equipment

  One way I (and my husband) simplified my life is by bringing workouts home.  Rather than going to the gym, (which we hardly used and then had a huge guilt trip) we decided to take control and create our workouts with our own resources around us.  Why not right?  So, of course we bought some minor equipment/accessories (my husband prefers to call it equipment) so we could better our work outs.  These are my favorite things to use:



1.  My blue workout/yoga mat. This is about an inch thick!  This was $30.00 BUT check Ross or Marshall's because they had them for half that.  I found that out after.  However, having hardwood floors it's totally worth it.
2.  Hand weights.  I have 3 lbs and these are great to add to a lunge routine.
3.  Jump rope.  This will give you serious cardio and a great boost right before a run.  Plus it rolls up nice and neat.
4.  Elastic Band.  This is an amazing multi piece of equipment.  You can adjust it just by your stance on the band.

  There you have it!  I have all of this in my living room closet where I can grab it and start working out.  Keeping your workout equipment where you can easily access it will keep you using it more.  Happy workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment