"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Simplify Your Life Week

  I have been missing for a couple of weeks but with good intentions.  I have been gearing up for this new month and some great projects that I think everyone will like.  
  To start things off this month it is National Simplify Your Life Week.  For 7 days I will blog about the things I have done to simplify my life.  From de-cluttering my closet, reorganizing the tiny spaces to sharing ways I simplify my mind and body.  
  So, to start the week off I will show you how I reorganized my movies.  Both my husband and I don't really buy the collectors editions of DVD's so when I decided to take them out of their cases and into paper sleeves I didn't have a hard time parting with the clutter of the cases.  For those of you who do have some of those collector items you can always get rid of the cases of the ones that are not collector's editions.  My friend did that and even though she had quite a few that she wanted to keep in the cases she still made a ton of room from the ones that she put into sleeves.  I cut the picture from the case and glued it to the front of the sleeve.  I saw this idea on Pinterest.  I think that they used the clear plastic sleeves and just slipped the picture into it.  This would save you time.   Then I alphabetized them and put them in a canvas bin.  Of course I went through and got rid of the ones I had doubles of or just didn't like.


  Above is a picture of the before disaster.  Over 200 DVD's and they are all pretty now.  Check out the picture below to see what a little simplification can do...


  WOOOHOOO!  I feel so relieved.  This has been on my list of things to do for a long time.  I had done this with some other movies a long time ago but not with my favorites or with putting the picture on the front but I am glad that I did it.  Happy simplifying!  

No comments:

Post a Comment