I bought Easter cards last year and didn't use all of them but for some odd reason I used all of the envelopes. Weird? I swear they should give you a couple extra ones in the pack just in case you make a mistake addressing one. That's me, right there. I like my envelopes to look nice and neat. Anyways. I had to find envelopes that would fit my cards. Well, of course I had less envelopes than I did cards so I decided to make my own with the million pieces of card stock I have. Here's what I did.
1. Unfold the envelope you want to trace onto your 12x12 card stock (see picture above).
2. Trace your envelope and cut it out.
3. Using a bone folder and a ruler run your bone folder (like you would a pencil) along the ruler where you would make your fold/crease (see picture below).
4. Then fold where your crease is, running your bone folder along the crease.
5. Fold your sides in and then run a glue stick along the sides of the bottom piece and glue to the side pieces.
You can decorate them like I did with ribbon or whatever you feel like putting on them. You could customize them to your event or holiday. I have so much scrapbook paper and little do dads to add to paper crafts it is highly ridiculous so I figure this is just another way to use all of that stuff. I am pretty sure that you could even mail them like that. If people can mail flip flops I think you should be able to mail decorated envelopes.