"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Paper and Glue: Letter box logbook

       Recently we took up a fun new hobby called letter boxing thanks to our friends Amanda and Carma.  It's a great hobby to get you outdoors and using your brain.  To best explain it you need to check out the web site www.atlasquest.com and it will give you full details and the history behind it.  One of the things that you need to have on your journey of letter boxing is a logbook to keep track of your finds.  When I decided to get going on this new hobby I wanted to make a letter box logbook unique and it gave me a good reason to mod podge something.  You can create any type of notebook that you want.

What you need:
Cardstock with any type of design you wish
Glue stick
Mod Podge-gloss luster finish
Notebook
Sponge paint brush

    1.   I took my paper I wanted for my background, typed up a title for my notebook and glued them to the front of my notebook.  (By the way this project gave me more ideas for other notebook projects that I will feature in the next couple of months.)
   2.  After the glue dried I then applied the mod podge to the front of the notebook.  The mod podge looks like Elmers glue.  Don't worry that it looks "foggy" it will dry glossy and clear.  Just brush it on and let it dry.   See my finished product above.

No comments:

Post a Comment