"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Thursday, July 24, 2014

What's in my Beach Cooler

  Rather than doing another What's in my Beach Bag post I thought I would share with you the things I like to take with us to the beach.  Now, where I live we don't really have a beach, but we have sand and water and as far as I am concerned that's a beach.

  First, I always pack plenty of water.  My husband and I are huge water drinkers and being in the hot sun it is essential.  Any water with electrolytes is what I grab for and I like the squeeze tops.  No lid to loose and you don't have to touch the mouth part. We also love coconut water.  It's extremely hydrating and great for you.



  Second, I like to have fresh fruit, vegetables and pretzels with hummus for snacks.  A nice healthy option to keep my appetite satisfied.  The hummus has protein and the cup is small enough that you are not overloading on sodium.  I always keep in mind that you will be in the hot sun and you want things that will replenish your body.  Filling up on a lot of salty foods and things that don't really make you that full will dehydrate you faster.
  Third, I pack some sort of treat.  As you can tell I have some Nutter Butters.  I also had some Chips Ahoy bites.  You have to live a little.
  Fourth, I pack sandwiches or something for a lunch.  After swimming I want something that's going to give me a boost of engery and by the time I have played a little it's lunch time.  Chicken from the deli is great.  I like the baked chicken so when it's cold I don't have the hardened grease.

  For the things that I pack that don't really go in the cooler are:
 - Nuts
 - Napkins, plates & flatware
 - Extra bag for trash
 - Wet Ones or Baby wipes to wipe off the sand and clean your hands before you eat


  I found these napkins at the grocery store and was so excited to get them.  What a perfect find.
  It's always so exciting to pack up a picnic and go somewhere to relax whether it's on the beach, in the park or on top of a mountain.  I hoped this gave you some new ideas for your next outing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment