"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY Boot Stuffers

  When I first started this project I thought it was going really well until I finished my "test" boot stuffer and realized it wasn't going to work.  The fact that I was in the middle of a project and just had finished another project (my filing cabinet) that sent me over the edge I wasn't really in the mood to go back out to the store and try to re figure my project so I "winged" it.
  You have probably seen the boot stuffers made out of pool noodles.  Well I took that same idea but where I live the pool noodles are not available in the middle of winter.  I bought foam pipe covering and decided to cover it in fabric.  After I made my "test" model I put it in one of my boots and found that it wasn't wide or thick enough.  It stood up and I cut them long enough but it didn't fill the boot.  How did I fix it?  I rolled up old magazines up and wrapped the foam covering around it and then covered them with fabric.  So, let me show you how this whole project went down.

How to:

1.  Cut your foam tubing to your desired length.  I cut mine all a foot long.



2.  Measure your fabric 1 1/2 inches longer than your tubing and 3 times the width.


3.  After cutting your fabric hot glue one end and the long side with the fabric folded pattern sides together, leaving your top open.   (fold it hot dog bun style...yes I just reverted back to kindergarten).


4.  Place your tubing in your fabric and then glue the top.


5.  Place your boot stuffers in your boots and enjoy the glory of perfect standing boots!

  I love them!  All my boots stand up and it made more room in my closet...for more shoes maybe?  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment