"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday In The Kitchen: Chocolate Reese's Pieces Cookies

  I am all about easy recipe's lately.  With as busy as I have been I don't want to spend my time in the kitchen.  Don't get me wrong I love cooking and baking, but it's nice to make it a little easier on myself.  Pretty soon though I will be getting a little more adventurous.  Don't you worry.
  With this recipe I used a chocolate cake mix.  Now, I must say these are very good but I think one extra step might be necessary to cut the package taste.  I would add 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder or 1/2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract.

Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 C. oil
2 tbsp. water
8 0z. Reese's Pieces (I used the movie box candy size-2 of them)




Instructions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Mix all ingredients except for the Reese's Pieces.
3.  In a separate bowl add Reese's Pieces and a 1/2 tsp of flour and toss together (cocoa powder or cake mix would be good too).  Then add to the cookie dough.
4.  Drop dough in tablespoon sizes.  Bake for 8-10 minutes
   Makes approximately 3 dozen

  Now you have some Fall festive cookies!  Chocolate and peanut butter combination is my weakness so I need to get these out of my house as quick as possible.  Happy baking!

1 comment: