"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fitness Friday: Protein Shakes

  As you should know by now I am not a nutritionist or a personal trainer.  I do like to share the things I enjoy for maintaining a "fit life" on my Fitness Fridays.  Trust me, I know not everything works for everybody that is why I try to give a variety of posts to (hopefully) reach everyone.  My main objective is to help motivate and give an "everyday person's" perspective on working out and becoming fit.  These Friday posts are not about getting skinny, they are about being fit and feeling good about yourself.  Please remember that this is just my opinion, my outlook and what I enjoy doing to stay motivated.  I have consulted my own physician and I always suggest you do the same before you make a change in what you are eating and doing for a work out routine.  I want everyone to enjoy the same feeling I do when I workout and eat better.  So, please be responsible for your own wellness and actions after reading my posts.  Thank you.
  One wonderful thing that my husband and I have been doing for quite some time is making protein shakes.  The sound of them use to make me cringe and to be honest I thought that I would never try one.  However, we were visiting friends of ours this past Spring and he made us a shake and I couldn't believe how good it was.  He used different ingredients than what I will be using today but, it was still a protein shake.  No cardboard taste or chalky texture.  Just a great drink to have in the morning.  Today, I am sharing my favorite shake and it's pretty simple.  So, lets get started.

What you need:
1/2 Cup frozen blueberries
1/2 Cup milk (or soy, almond milk)
1/4 Cup spinach leaves
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 a banana
5-6 ice cubes



How to:
  1.  Add your frozen items to the blender.  You always want your frozen items to be the first things to touch the blade so they get blended well.
  2.  Add your banana and milk
  3.  Add your protein powder and spinach
  4.  Give your blender a whirl (with the lid on).  Make sure everything gets blended well.
  5.  Pour yourself a glass and enjoy.

  Obviously you can do all sorts of combinations.  There are several great lines of protein powder as well.  Shop around and find which one you like best and trust me when I tell you they will taste different from one another.  Happy shake making!

No comments:

Post a Comment