"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday In The Kitchen: Pie Filling Muffins

  Last week I made muffins with only using pumpkin pie puree and yellow cake mix.  I wondered if it would work the same way with apple, cherry, lemon, etc. pie filling.  Sure enough, it does!  There are so many combinations that you can mix up.  The three I chose to whip up are apple pie filling with spice cake, lemon pie filling and white cake and raspberry pie filling and chocolate cake.
  Mix your pie filling and your cake mix, bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.   These make such quick and easy muffins.  The one thing I didn't like about the raspberry were the seeds.  I wouldn't do it again.  The apple is a perfect morning muffin and the lemon would be a great tea party muffin.  Try it out.  I think you will like it.  Happy baking!

Raspberry Chocolate

Apple Pie Spice
Lemon Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment