"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday In The Kitchen: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

  While I was on Pinterest the other day I saw these pumpkin muffins that only took two ingredients.  Yellow cake mix and a 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree.  Last year at Christmas time I used cake mixes to make our cookies and they were a great success so I figured that these shouldn't be a disaster.  I was right and thank goodness to Katy at www.sweet-verbena.blogspot.com I now have an easy go to muffin mix.  I added milk chocolate chips to mine because I just couldn't resist.  These came out moist and delicious.

What you need:
1.  Yellow cake mix
2.  Pumpkin puree-15 oz. can
3.  Chocolate chips-11/12 oz. bag
4.  Cupcake liners


  Seriously this is all you need.


  The hardest part was choosing which cupcake liners I was going to use.

What you do:
1.  Mix the cake mix and pumpkin puree together until it is well blended
2.  In a separate bowl add 1/2 tablespoon of flour and the chocolate chips.  Stir the chocolate chips until they are evenly coated with flour.  This will help prevent them from sinking all the way to the bottom of the muffin.


3.  Add the chocolate chips to your muffin mix and stir.
4.  Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 full with your muffin mix.
5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.






  Enjoy!  What I love about these (besides being amazingly delicious) is that they are not an overwhelming pumpkin taste.  Trust me, I love pumpkin, but these are perfect for those that are not huge fans of it.  You know the ones that teeter.  I am going to attempt to try this method with apple, cherry and blueberry pie filling.  I know I will probably have to add a little bit of flour but I think it will work.  I will keep you posted on that.  Happy baking!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment