"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Saturday, September 28, 2013

A New Pair of Earrings

  Whenever you are in need of a pair of earrings to go with an outfit and you go shopping for them you can never find them.  For a long time now I have been looking for a pair of stud earrings that are navy blue.  I can't find them anywhere.  Well...I made my own...with nail polish and extra pairs of pearl/ball stud earrings.  Here is how I did it.

What You Need:
1.  Empty toilet paper roll or styrofoam
2.  Pearl/ball stud earrings or hoops
3.  Nail polish of your choice
4.  No chip quick dry top coat nail polish


How To:
1.  Remove the backs off the earrings and stick them through the empty toilet paper roll or styrofoam.  You can press the roll down and slightly smoosh the roll flat so it won't roll around.
2.  Paint each earring starting from the top and working your way down.  Make your strokes are even.
3.  Once the polish has dried paint your top coat and let them set.

  Enjoy your new earrings!  The fact that I had some studs of the same colors sitting around in my jewelry box I painted a few different pair.





  Happy new earrings!  I hope you try this and save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment