"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer Series Day 3: What's in my Beach Bag!

 
  Summer isn't complete without a beach bag, some stunning sunglasses and a great bathing suit.  Whether I am going to my mom's house to swim in the pool or out to the lake I always have my beach bag ready to go.  As soon as the season arrives I pack it up and then I am set to go for a swim any time.  Over the years I have narrowed it down to simple things.  I would either break something or lose something when I over packed so I made it easier for myself by only taking the things that I used.  Even if I plan on going somewhere after I usually where the clothes over my bathing suit so I don't have to lug around a ton of clothes.  So here is a list of what I have in my bag:



  Starting from the left is Banana Boat's Aloe After Sun lotion.  This is a great thing to put on at the end of the day to nourish your skin.  Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen SPF 30 is my favorite sunscreen, it smells like coconut.  To keep my lips from shriveling up and burning like crazy I use Maybelline's Baby Lips with SPF 20.  This lip balm is amazing and keeps my lips looking glossy and supple.  Ibuprofen is always with me just in case I get a headache.  Then I also carry Chapstick with SPF 15 for my husband.

 

  Of course I bring my own towel.  Bobby pins and hair ties are another item that I always have with me as well as safety pins.  A swin suit cover (underneath the makeup bag)  is great to have so you can throw something over you if you need a quick fix.  To carry all my things I have a makeup bag with a comb and brush just in case my hair gets a little ratty from a windy day.  
  Outside of my beach bag I do carry a beach blanket which is the best thing I have ever bought.  It's a slick material on one side and a soft material on the other.  It makes it nice when I am on the grass or the sand.  I hope this gets you off to a great start for a trip to the pool or the lake.








No comments:

Post a Comment