"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Husband's T-shirts Refashioned For Me

  Pinterest was a very influential site for this project.  I really just winged this whole project taking a few ideas from each re fashion t-shirt site that I came across.  This was super easy.  Here's how I did it.

1.  I took some of my husband's old cotton t-shirts and tried them on.  I measured my sides by pinching the fabric together.
2.  Then I turned the shirt inside out and drew an arched line from the bottom of the shirt to the bottom corner of the arm pit like this....

3.  Then I took it to the sewing machine.


4.   After I got both sides sewn I cut the neck and the arms off.  I stretched the material slightly to get rid of the raw cut.


5.  I made a flower out of a strip of t-shirt about 18 inches long.  I bunched one end like an accordion then ran a needle and thread through the bunch to secure it.
6.  Then I wove the thread down the strip of fabric spacing each point about an inch apart.
7.  I pushed the fabric down the thread and twisted forming a flower.  Then I sewed it to my shirt.

Medium mens shirt to fashion refab!

My flower.

The back of the neckline.


  I hope you guys like this.  Hopefully my hubby will want to get rid of some more shirts soon and I could try to refashion them.  Now that I have tried it I am not afraid to re fashion more!

No comments:

Post a Comment