1. I took some of my husband's old cotton t-shirts and tried them on. I measured my sides by pinching the fabric together.
2. Then I turned the shirt inside out and drew an arched line from the bottom of the shirt to the bottom corner of the arm pit like this....
4. After I got both sides sewn I cut the neck and the arms off. I stretched the material slightly to get rid of the raw cut.
5. I made a flower out of a strip of t-shirt about 18 inches long. I bunched one end like an accordion then ran a needle and thread through the bunch to secure it.
6. Then I wove the thread down the strip of fabric spacing each point about an inch apart.
7. I pushed the fabric down the thread and twisted forming a flower. Then I sewed it to my shirt.
|Medium mens shirt to fashion refab!|
|The back of the neckline.|
I hope you guys like this. Hopefully my hubby will want to get rid of some more shirts soon and I could try to refashion them. Now that I have tried it I am not afraid to re fashion more!