"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hair Brushes and How to Clean Them

  Have you ever looked at your hair brush and see how...well how dirty it is?  Not so much dirt dirty but built up from product dirty.  I have decided to share a disgusting before picture of my hair brush and a gorgeous after picture.
  Because I use a lot of products in my hair I get a lot of build up on my bristles on my brush and combs.  Just like you do in your hair product builds up and if its on your brush it will be in your hair.  I do have dry hair for the most part.  I color treat my hair, use protein leave in treatment as well as argan oil so no wonder my brush looked the way it did.  So I decided to do a little experiment.  I bought some fortifying shampoo and gave my brushes and combs a bath hoping it would take off the build up.  IT WORKED!!  How excited am I to share this.

What you need:
1. Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Pure Clean
2. Large tupperware or glass bowl- I used a 14 cup bowl
3. Toothbrush- No not the one I use on my teeth it was an extra one from the dentist

  Fill your bowl with hot water and half a cup of shampoo.  Remove hair from your combs and brushes.  Put your brushes in with the bristles facing down into the water.  Let them and your combs soak up to 12 hours depending how much build up you have.  I let mine soak over night which was 12 hours.  After they are done soaking I took my toothbrush and scrubbed my  brush and combs.  I didn't have to scrub hard and all the oil, wax and grime came right off.  See for yourself.  I would have taken a picture of the water but it was gross.

GROSS!  See all that built up?
  I have actually avoided using this brush because there is so much build up.

Soaking in it's bath.

My supplies.

My results!  It looks brand new.

  Amazing.  I surprised myself with this and how clean my brush and combs got!  The scent is wonderful too so another benefit.  Try this and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment