"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Chapstick has a Name

  One of my must haves in my purse is chapstick.  If I am not in need of it my husband is.  For this last Halloween my friend Carma Farrar (aka crazy mountain woman) gave me a chapstick she recovered with a Halloween scene.  She got the printable off www.mycomputerismycanvas.com.  The other night I was thinking that I needed to put a chapstick in my new stand in my bathroom.  However, I wanted it to match the colors in my bathroom (I know crazy).  So I thought back to that chapstick and grabbed my mod podge, some scrapbook paper that matched and tah dah!  I went on to make other cute covers and let me tell you it's super easy.  This will make you want to buy a Costco pack of chapstick  just so you can cover them.

What you need:
1.  Chapstick
2.  Paper of whatever color/design
3.  Ribbon-if you want
4.  Mod Podge
5.  Ruler, Pencil and scissors

How to:
1.  Peel off the original cover of the chapstick
2.  Measure a 1 3/4 inch by 2 inch piece of paper (this should be your standard size)
3.  After you cut your piece of paper wrap it around a pencil to curl the paper
4.  Paint a thin layer of mod podge on the back side of the paper
5.  Wrap the paper around the chapstick (glue side against the chapstick)
6.  Once you get the paper on the chapstick spread a thin layer over the outside
7.  Tah Dah!  You have got a fancy chapstick.

If you want to add ribbon just follow the same process as you did with the paper.  Thanks to my friend Carma my chapsticks have names.

Curling the paper 

My chapstick to go in my bathroom

Animal print chapstick covers

1 comment: