"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen: Homemade Apple Sauce in the Crock Pot

  Now that Autumn is here and it's getting colder the aroma of apples and cinnamon always fill my house from candles and what not.  Today rather than lighting a candle I made homemade applesauce in the crock pot!  It's amazing.  I am actually going to make mini apple pies with biscuits and a serving of vanilla ice cream!  
  Before we get started I just want to say please use caution while cooking in the kitchen.  Don't miss use your equipment and be very careful.  Please do not leave anything that is cooking unattended.  Make sure you take all of the necessary precautions when prepping and cooking.  I am not a professional chef, and cooking temperatures may vary so keep an eye on what is cooking.  Oh, and I am not responsible for anything that you do.  Okay, now that's out of the way here we go...

Ingredients:
4 large Honey Crisp apples- you can use any kind you like these are my favorite
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/4 Cup White sugar
1/4 Cup Brown sugar


How to make it:
  1.  Peel, core and cut your apples into pieces however you like.  I cut them into chunks. (remember to BE CAREFUL)
  2.  Put your apples into a cold (NOT preheated) crock pot.
  3.  Cover your apples with the cinnamon and sugars.
  4.  Cover your crock pot with its own lid and turn it on the low setting.  Let it cook for 4-5 hours.  Stir and then serve.



  BOOM!  The finished product......


  Enjoy!  This has been calling my name all day and I have been dying to gobble it down.  Happy crock potting!

No comments:

Post a Comment