"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of it."
-Geri Weitzman

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer Series Day 7: Swim Suit Cover

  Neons are in and I am loving it.  I really wanted to make a fun, bright swim suit cover for this year.  I wanted the design to be easy and I really didn't want to sew it.  So while  I was on Pinterest I came across the perfect design; a t-shirt vest.  So away I went to the store and found a neon green men's shirt in a large.  Here is what it looked like:

Before

   The pattern for the cuts I will link here: http://wobisobi.blogspot.com/2011/05/no-sew-t-shirt-vest.html
I just followed the pattern and cut and tied myself a swim suit cover.  I used my bright animal print ribbon to tie it and I added a button (you can see in one of the pictures below) to just add some flare.
Time is precious for me and this project took me 15 minutes at the most.   Try this, it's super easy.  I think I will be making a couple more of these.

The back

The front

The shoulders



  The back I ended up tying another bow to bring it more together.  Super easy and fun to do.  I can't wait to make more of these.

1 comment: